So you want to learn how to make sourdough? Well, you are in the right place!
This course is for the serious baker and will give you real skills and knowledge to go away and make your own sourdough.
The only way to really experience something properly is to engage in each part of the process from start to finish; with sourdough this takes time.
This 2 day course is tailored to the individual so as well as covering sourdough breads, we shall also be making a variety of other sourdough products. These could include cakes, desserts, pastries, enriched doughs. The extra things we make really depends on you, what you want to get out of the class.
Below is a summary of what we will be doing each day, but this is not set in stone.
- the theory of sourdough
- making a production sourdough
- make four doughs using different types of flour
- Select fillings for your plain white dough
- guidance on how to knead
- learn when your dough is ready to prove
- review the impact of salt, temperature & hydration
- feeding your new starter
- baking the loaves
- making things other than bread with sourdough
- baking those other things
- troubleshooting and how to deal with potential problems.
Student numbers are deliberately low because I wish to ensure that every person on the course has my attention from start to finish.
On both days I will provide refreshments through out the day & a light lunch.
If you wish to book me then my contact details are: